Friday, January 11, 2013

Giving Thanks...


I want to say profound things about gratitude for all that God is and has done. My poet's soul cannot find words to capture the picture of thankfulness I desire to paint.

I want to compose my thoughts about being thankful even in the face of sorrow and loss... But I do not know enough about that in my own life. And I do not want to. Yet one day I will know gratitude in the midst of painfully hard things.

Until I can share my own words in regards to giving thanks, I will share the ones that have wrapped my mind and heart in their Beauty and Truth.


Thank you for the way you make the showers fall
Like a blanket on the valley when the flowers call
Thank you for creating and sustaining it all
Thank you from my heart and my soul

Thank you for the way you make the music play
In between the quiet on a beautiful day
Thank you for the meaning in the things we say
Thank you from my heart, thank you from my heart

Thank you for the way you make the flowers grow
Up through the cracks in my fractured soul
Thank you for the way the healing waters flow
Thank you from my heart and my soul

Thank you for the way you make the moonlight shine
Between me and the horizon there's a perfect line
Like a love upon the ocean anybody can find
Thank you from my heart and my mind 

~ Ben Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment