Saturday, February 18, 2023

Wisconsin, Love, & Hockey

Usually I spend Valentine's Day with dear female friends alternately dressing up or wearing jammies, eating yummy food, and just catching up on life. Sometimes we chat over crafts, sometimes we just enjoy each other's company over a meal together. 

But this year I got to celebrate Valentine's Day with my man. :) Since we don't have the same days off, I took some vacation time and spent the whole day with Nick. It was fabulous!



We drove to Denver and went to a Wisconsin pub before going to my first-ever hockey game (tickets compliments of Nick's mum for our Christmas gift).


 

(Not my favourite photo of myself, but it's a cute one of Nick, & you can see the Wisconsin pub...)


We briefly wandered under some lights strung over a side street—it reminded me of little streets in Oxford.




It was pretty chilly and a storm was coming in, so we walked to the arena to get ready to watch the Avs play the Lightning.





All in all, it was a pretty stellar first-ever game! The Avs scored within the first minute of the game. At the end of the the third period, the game was tied and went into overtime. No one scored in overtime, so they went to a shootout. Unfortunately, we lost in that round, but it was still a really fun evening! Then I got snowed in with Nick and his mum. So, we went from never having the same days off to getting to spend two whole days together. :)

I really do have other musings in my mind that I'd like to pen, but until then, I thought it would be nice to have something like a scrapbook page of Valentine's Day @ the Avs game with Nick. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment