Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Prayer





Lord, help me...save me from the world outside of me, trying to crush me and push me into its mold.

But Lord, I have swallowed the world and it is inside of me. Save me, too, from the world within... The world that burns, that eviscerates, that kills like an ever-spreading cancer. Save me from being eaten alive, emaciated, and gutted. Save me from being drowned by the lies swimming in the channels of my mind and heart. . .


You say: 

Take heart, I have overcome the worldThe world outside you. . .and the world inside you. The Hell to come, and the Hell you let burn within. I have overcome that like the light overcomes the darkness. Like life overcomes death. 

I am the Resurrection and the Life. 
                        I will lead you to the Father. 
                                  My Spirit will guide you into all Truth. 
                                                      And the Truth will set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment